I love Butcher Box for a few reasons. Here are my thoughts:
WHY WE LIKE BUTCHERBOX:
- Convenience : The box arrives with all of the meat frozen + on dry ice. You don’t have to go to the store, or look out for sales to get the best prices…they deliver it right to you, and all you have to do is put it right into the freezer.
- Cost Effective: We’ll go over this in detail a little bit later on, but I went to 4 different grocery stores + reviewed prices at the meat department to see if ButcherBox’s prices held up to theirs. (Spoiler Alert: They do!)
- Taste: The taste of ButcherBox’s steaks are unparalleled. Seriously, they are restaurant quality.
- Quality: You’re getting grass fed, free range, heritage breed pork.. It is the best quality meat you can be finding!
NEGATIVES OF BUTCHERBOX:
- Packaging – I try to live as zero waste as possible, so I don’t love all the cardboard that gets wasted. Thankfully it is recyclable, but I still wish there was a better way!
WHAT COMES IN A BUTCHER BOX:
Here’s what I got on average in my $129 Curated All Beef Box, broken down by what it is for a serving for us
- 2 lbs Ground Beef – 4 servings
- 2 lbs grass fed steak tips – 4 servings
- 2 10 oz Strip Loin Steaks – 2 servings
- 2 12 oz Top Sirloin Steaks – 2 servings
- 1 24 oz Top Sirloin Cap – 2-3 servings
- 1 10 oz package of Bacon 2-3 servings
For us this comes out to about 16 servings, which is $8/meal per serving. It might be more servings for other people depending on the amount of meat they eat.