“Microbreweries” described a new generation of small breweries which focused entirely on producing traditional cask ale. These breweries gradually arrived at reflect a substitute attitude as well as other method of brewing. Craft brewing were/are renowned for being relatively small, independently-owned commercial breweries that employ traditional brewing methods and emphasize quality and flavor.
Craft brewing is huge and it is most established here in the United States. The Brewers Association defines American craft brewers as “independent, small, and traditional”: small understood to be an “annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less”, independent defined as at least 75% owned or controlled by a craft brewer, and traditional defined as at least 50% of the volume being all malt beer.
One of many top craft breweries inside the nation is Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., and they also take brewing to a whole other level because of their green means of brewing. The brewery is powered by solar technology, having 10,000 photovoltaic modules covering its rooftops and parking lot. The business also processes used cooking oil looking at the restaurant for biodiesel utilize in its delivery trucks. In 2009, it reached an agreement with a local ethanol company to generate high-grade ethanol fuel by reviewing the discarded yeast. Spent grain comes to local cattle ranchers for livestock feed; spent water is brought to the brewery’s own water treatment plant, where it is actually reused, mainly as drip irrigation because of its fields. Over 99.5% of your brewery plant’s solid waste is diverted from landfill.
Sierra Nevada can also be the greatest buyer of organic hops inside the United States. It farms its unique organic hops and barley to be used in the annual Chico Estate Harvest Ale release. And once drinking Sierra Nevada craft beers your excuse may be: “I’m not drinking, I’m saving the planet earth! ”
10 Excuses To Drink Craft Beer during the Fall
10. It’s getting colder, and you have to stay warm.
9. Things that end in ball are happening. Football and Baseball
8. Craft beers are unique and flavorful, so stop being so boring.
7. Craft beer brewing brands like Sierra Nevada are incredibly eco-friendly and you also love the Earth, so you have to drink it.
6. Craft beer festivals come in the fall, Oktoberfest for starters.
5. Craft breweries or microbreweries are small and are independently owned. And I know you hate corporations and “The Man”, so drink your craft beer you hipster!
4. The Autumn leaves are exactly the same color as being the bottles and several of the beers, so that you gotta drink to that!
3. Every one of the Fall activities: hayrides-drink, campfires-drink, pumpkin patch-drink, corn maze-double drink.
2. Craft beer is a long tradition, so you love tradition.
1. Because prohibition isn’t a thing in 2013.
I actually have the perfect place for you to visit when you are now craving a crafty cold one. Craft Beer Club. Check out all the beers that they offer.